Building a Safer Idaho

Frequently Asked Questions - Industrial Safety


Do you provide Safety Videos?
The DBS safety video library has been transferred to the Idaho Occupational Safety & Health Consultation Program. You may contact them at 208-426-3283.
Who do I contact for asbestos certification or requirements?
Asbestos information is available by calling Industrial Hygiene Resources at (208) 323-8287.
How do I contact OSHA?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration offices are located at 1387 South Vinell Way in Boise or you may call them at (208) 321-2960.
How do I report a safety hazard?
Please contact the Industrial Commission directly at (208) 334-6000 or email your complaint to Idaho Industrial Commission, P.O. Box 83720, Boise, Idaho 83720-0041

Boilers and Pressure Vessels

How do I have my boiler or pressure vessel inspected?
The Idaho Legislature repealed the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Rules effective March 29, 2010. An annual inspection is not required by the State of Idaho. However, you will want to contact your insurance company for regular inspections in order to maintain the safety of your workplace.

Safety Inspections

What are the codes and safety requirements for my annual safety inspection?
Annual building safety inspections are governed by the Idaho General Safety & Health Standards. Click here to view these standards.
How do I schedule an annual safety inspection for my school or state facility?
Call your regional safety inspector. Click here to view a list of inspectors by region.