Inspections Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing Inspections
How can I request an inspection?
2. You may also visit our online system, eTRAKiT and log in. Select "permits" to search for your permit and enter your permit number. Double-click on the number when it displays. Under actions (on the left), choose Request Inspection. Fill in the required information, choose your inspection type and the date; click on Add inspection then click Submit. Verify the inspection and click OK. Requests for a next day inspection can be made until 7 p.m. MST. There may be circumstances under which your inspection will not be completed on the date requested. Should this occur, you will be notified by telephone.
How can I cancel an inspection?
Do I have to be present for my inspection?
When should I contact my inspector?
How do I find out who my electrical, plumbing or HVAC inspector is?
How do I determine which jurisdiction an electrical, plumbing or HVAC job is in?
What is a Job Identification Sticker?
How do I get a Job Identification Sticker?
There are several ways you can receive a Job Identification Sticker:
- Homeowners and Contractors who obtain permits at the Division of Building Safety offices will be given one Job Identification Sticker for each purchased permit. Those who apply for permits by fax or e-mail will have a sticker mailed, faxed or e-mailed to them with their permit.
- If you purchase your permit through the online system, you must print a copy of the Job Identification Sticker and display it at the job site. A DBS inspector will replace it with an orange Job Identification Sticker at the time of their first visit.
Are there other stickers required at the job site?
Yes. Other stickers will be used by inspectors to notify permit holders of inspection results. Those stickers and their colors are as follows:
- Correction Sticker (yellow): A formal notice of items that need to be corrected that were identified by an inspector.
- Approved for Cover (green): This means the work has been approved and may be covered.
- : Used for gas piping and pressure testing. Sticker is placed around the pipe when the gas piping and pressure test inspection has passed.
- : Indicates permitted work listed has been inspected and approved.
- Final Inspection Sticker (silver): A final inspection sticker for outside locations.
How do I schedule an inspection of my elevator?
What are the codes and safety requirements for my annual safety inspection?
Annual building safety inspections are governed by the Idaho General Safety & Health Standards.
How do I schedule an annual safety inspection for my school or state facility?
Call your regional safety inspector. Click here to view a list of inspectors by region.