Public Works Contractors
Any contractor or subcontractor who wishes to construct, repair or reconstruct any project that involves public funding of contracts/purchase orders with the State of Idaho or any other political subdivision of the state authorized to let or award contracts for public work if the estimated cost of the entire project is $50,000 or more.
Persons wishing to engage in private residential or private commercial contracting do not require a Public Works Contractor License but should become registered as a general contractor by contacting the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses at (208) 334-3233 or by following at https://ibol.idaho.gov
Applications may be requested by phone request at (208) 334-4057 or (800) 358-6895 or can be downloaded from the Public Works Forms & Applications page.
All applications must be submitted to: Public Works Contractor Licensing
Certificate of Authority $100
The Public Works Construction Manager License Application may be downloaded from the DBS website at no charge. Applications and forms may also be requested by phone request at (208) 334-4057 or (800) 358-6895.
All applications must be submitted to:
Public Works Contractor Licensing
- The Construction Manager application must be completed and submitted to the Public Works Contractors Licensing Program along with the license fee
- Education transcripts (if available)
- Four (4) years of work history with a degree in CM or architectural, engineering or
- Five (5) years of work history with no degree in CM or architectural, engineering
- Three (3) letters of reference relating to applicable work history.
- Certification by CMAA that you have successfully passed the exam.