Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing Inspections
- You can call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone line at 1-800-839-9239 and follow the instructions provided. You will need your permit number and Inspection Code for the IVR.
- You may also visit our online system, eTRAKiT and log in. Select “permits” to search for your permit and enter your permit number. Double-click on the number when it displays. Under actions (on the left), choose Request Inspection. Fill in the required information, choose your inspection type and the date; click on Add inspection then click Submit. Verify the inspection and click OK. Requests for a next day inspection can be made until 7 p.m. MST. There may be circumstances under which your inspection will not be completed on the date requested. Should this occur, you will be notified by telephone.
DBS customer inspection dates can be changed by DBS permitting staff at 800-955-3044 prior to the day of the inspection. If it’s the day of the inspection, please contact your inspector. You can find your local inspector here.
You can call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone line at (800) 839-9239 and follow the instructions provided. You may also visit our online system, eTRAKiT, click on “Online Permitting”, log in, and choose cancel inspections. Please note that requests must be made prior to 7:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
Only if the property is occupied.
You should contact your inspector any time you have questions or concerns related to a job. A list of inspectors by city is available for your reference.You may also contact the Division of Building Safety at (800) 955-3044.
A Job Identification Sticker is an orange sticker used to identify the job site. It must be filled out and posted in a prominently visible location on the job site, where the permitted work is being performed.
There are several ways you can receive a Job Identification Sticker:
- Homeowners and Contractors who obtain permits at the Division of Building Safety offices will be given one Job Identification Sticker for each purchased permit. Those who apply for permits by fax or e-mail will have a sticker mailed, faxed or e-mailed to them with their permit.
- If you purchase your permit through the online system, you must print a copy of the Job Identification Sticker and display it at the job site. A DBS inspector will replace it with an orange Job Identification Sticker at the time of their first visit.
Yes. Other stickers will be used by inspectors to notify permit holders of inspection results. Those stickers and their colors are as follows:
- Correction Sticker (yellow): A formal notice of items that need to be corrected that were identified by an inspector.
- Approved for Cover (green): This means the work has been approved and may be covered.
- : Used for gas piping and pressure testing. Sticker is placed around the pipe when the gas piping and pressure test inspection has passed.
- : Indicates permitted work listed has been inspected and approved.
- Final Inspection Sticker (silver): A final inspection sticker for outside locations.
First, call your elevator service provider. They will call the Industrial Safety Group to coordinate the inspection with us. If you need to schedule a re-inspection and do not need your service provider present, you may call the Industrial Safety Group directly at (208) 332-7138 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.