Skip to main content

Contractors & Manufactured Home Installers


What is a permit?

A permit grants the holder authorization to perform specific construction and/or installation work. Permits are assigned a unique document number which is required when requesting inspections and approval of the work.

  • The law requires you to permit your manufactured home, electrical, plumbing & HVAC work with the Division of Building Safety to ensure compliance with proper installation & safety standards.
  • Call 1-800-955-3044 to verify what permits are required for your jobsite.
  • Apply for permits online or visit any of our offices.

  • What is an Installation Tag?

    An installation tag is used to maintain a registry of new manufactured home installations in the State of Idaho.



  • Contractors and their employees must be properly licensed with the Division of Building Safety in order to perform the requested work.
  • Apply for licenses at any of our offices or view the licensing information for your trade online.
  • Payment Options

  • Online: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, E-check or eGov Express. Please review DBS payment methods for further information.
  • In our office: Cash, Check, Master card or Visa
  • Jurisdiction Info

    Public Works Contractors licensees and Construction Manager licensees have statewide jurisdiction on any project that involves public funding.

    A list of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and Manufactured Housing inspectors is available for your reference. You may also contact (800) 955-3044.


  • Call 1-800-839-9239 and request an inspection. To do this you will need your permit number and inspection code (IVR).
  • Go to eTRAKiT online and log in
  • Select "permits" to search for your permit
  • Enter your permit number
  • Click on your permit number
  • Under actions (on the left) choose "Request Inspection"
  • Fill in the required information
  • Choose your inspection type
  • Choose the date
  • Click on "Add inspection"
  • Click "Submit"
  • Verify the inspection and click "OK"

    Definition List

    Notice of Correction (NOC)

    A formal notice of items found during the course of an inspection which must be corrected before approval is granted.

    Notice of Violation (NOV)

    Notice of Violation: a formal notice of at least one specific area of non-compliance with the Idaho Statutes & Rules as administered by the Division of Building Safety.

    Enforcement Permit

    An Enforcement Permit is issued only by a state inspector and only in cases where a contractor or homeowner has failed to purchase a required permit for work already completed. Fees charged for an Enforcement Permit are double the original amount due to the failure to permit.


    Additional Information

    Electrical, Plumbing & HVAC Contacts

    Licensing, Permits & Inspection Support
    • 208-334-3950 (Meridian Area)
    • 800-955-3044 (toll free)
    • 877-810-2840 (fax)
    Inspection Requests
    • 208-332-4700 (Meridian Area)
    • 800-839-9239 (toll free)