The mission of the Division of Building Safety (DBS) is to safeguard the citizens of Idaho through responsible administration of building and construction-related safety and licensure standards while promoting a positive business climate.
The Division of Building Safety is host to seven regulatory boards within the Executive Office of the Governor. They are:
- Idaho Building Code Board
- Idaho Electrical Board
- Idaho Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Board
- Idaho Plumbing Board
- Manufactured Housing Board
- Modular Building Advisory Board
- Public Works Contractors License Board
The Divisionís Industrial Safety Program performs annual safety inspections of public schools and state-owned buildings and monitors the safety certification of elevators and escalators statewide. DBS also operates Idahoís Logging Safety Program.