Effective October 1, 2016, DBS customers will see a change in the way their financial transactions are handled. The Division of Building Safety will join other state and local government agencies in utilizing Access Idaho to process our online payments and other credit card transactions made in person or over the phone. This change is being made to provide our customers a broader range of payment options and to strengthen the security of our payment processing system.
DBS will now be able to accept the following methods of payment:
Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express and the ability to use an E-check
Access Idaho will assess a Portal Administration Fee based on the payment method utilized.
- Users will see a non-refundable fee of 3% for the use of Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express cards.
- Customers using the E-check payment option will pay a non-refundable fee of $1.50 for using an E-Check online.
These fees are paid to Access Idaho, not to DBS.
The Division is also adopting eGovExpress, a new and convenient feature for those who conduct frequent online transactions. Selecting the eGovExpress payment choice online will:
- Expedite the checkout process
- Allow users to store multiple payment methods
- Make it possible for users to pay other Idaho state agencies
- Enable users to view payment transaction history and create custom notes
If you have questions or need additional information about these changes, please contact the Division at 1 (800) 955-3044.