School Facility Safety Inspection & Maintenance Programs
The School Annual Inspection Program performs annual inspections of public school buildings to administer and promote voluntary compliance with the Idaho Safety and Health Standards as they apply to public schools, students, staff and the public. Additionally, the program provides consultation services on matters relating to safety and health standards and provides safety training when requested.
The School Maintenance Program requires school districts to maintain a ten year maintenance plan for all public school buildings under Idaho Code 33-1019. School districts must submit a School Building Maintenance Report for an initial ten year term. An updated report is to be submitted every five years. Updated reports are to be filed electronically with the Division of Building Safety by end of the fiscal year.
If you are seeking information on school maintenance fund holdbacks or expenditures covered under terms of Title 33, Chapter 10, Idaho Code, please refer to the State Department of Education Web site here.
- Acreage Recommendations [PDF]
- Additional Resources [PDF]
- Best Practices Maintenance Plan [PDF]
- Planning Guide for School Maintenance [PDF]
- School Facilities Needs Assessment 1993 [PDF]
- School Square Footage (FY2013) [PDF]
- Task Force Report - Feb 2003 [PDF]
- Ten Year Plan Example [PDF]