Contractors & Manuf. Home Installers
- What is a permit?
- A permit grants the holder authorization to perform specific construction and/or installation work. Permits are assigned a unique document number which is required when requesting inspections and approval of the work.
- What is an Installation Tag?
- An installation tag is used to maintain a registry of new manufactured home installations in the State of Idaho.
Public Works Contractors licensees and Construction Manager licensees have statewide jurisdiction on any project that involves public funding.
A list of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and Manuf. Housing inspectors is available for your reference. Click here to view that list. You may also contact (800) 955-3044.
- Notice of Correction (NOC)
- A formal notice of items found during the course of an inspection which must be corrected before approval is granted.
- Notice of Violation (NOV)
- Notice of Violation: a formal notice of at least one specific area of non-compliance with the Idaho Statutes & Rules as administered by the Division of Building Safety.
- Enforcement Permit
- An Enforcement Permit is issued only by a state inspector and only in cases where a contractor or homeowner has failed to purchase a required permit for work already completed. Fees charged for an Enforcement Permit are double the original amount due to the failure to permit.