- What is a permit?
- A permit grants the holder authorization to perform specific construction and/or installation work. Permits are assigned a unique document number which is required when requesting inspections and approval of the work.
Public Works Contractors licensees and Construction Manager licensees have statewide jurisdiction on any project that involves public funding.
A list of electrical, plumbing or HVAC inspectors is available for your reference. Click here to view that list. You may also contact (800) 955-3044.
- Notice of Correction (NOC)
- A formal notice of items found during the course of an inspection which must be corrected before approval is granted.
- Notice of Violation (NOV)
- Notice of Violation: a formal notice of at least one specific area of non-compliance with the Idaho Statutes & Rules as administered by the Division of Building Safety.
- Enforcement Permit
- An Enforcement Permit is issued only by a state inspector and only in cases where a contractor or homeowner has failed to purchase a required permit for work already completed. Fees charged for an Enforcement Permit are double the original amount due to the failure to permit.